Denied Party Screening
Conducting compliance checks on demand.
Scope offers direct access to databases providing lists of sanctioned parties. Checks conducted in this way ensures compliance with international rules and regulations, avoiding risks and providing professionalism and reliability. Thus adding value to customer services.
Protection of reputation
By executing the required screenings, forwarders, shippers and customs brokers are assured they are protecting themselves and their customers from violating sanctions and the resulting drastic consequences that may occur such as appearing on blacklists. Safeguarding customs authorization and Authorized Economic Operators status (AEO) is essential to doing business.
Direct access to reliable information
Denied Party Screening directly out of Scope is the key to extra security and certainty, no extra effort is required and there is no interruption of workflow. Clear display of results avoids accidental oversight of findings. Recurring false results are recognized by Scope and can be skipped. Centralized electronic documentation, provides later information or evidence needed.
Cost vs. loss
Scope limits the screening of addresses to shipments that are currently being processed. The last valid list is always used as a basis to find out who is currently a “Good Guy” and who is a “Bad Guy”. Unnecessary checks and costs are avoided.
Current lists checked in Scope
The address check in Scope is against the following lists:
- BENS – Belgian National Sanctions List
- BOE – Consolidated List of Financial Sanctions Targets in the UK
- CFSP – Consolidated Financial Sanctions List
- DPL – Denied Persons List
- EL – Entity List
- EUL – End User List, JP MITI
- EURUDU – EU-Russia-Embargo „Dual Use“
- EURUKM, EU-Russia-Embargo „Capital Market“
- FINCEN – Money Laundering Concerns List
- LADP – List of Administratively Debarred Parties
- LSDP – List of Statutorily Debarred Parties
- NLNST – Nationale sanctielijst terrorisme
- NPS – List of Nonproliferation Sanctions
- OFAC-CSL – Consolidated Sanctions List
- SDN – Specially Designated Nationals List
- UL – Unverified List