What you are going to do
In order to expand our business in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area, we are looking for a Product Manager with a basic understanding of the domestic and international freight forwarding business and the requirements to the software supporting the industry.
In this role, you will
- connect with our customers to analyze and extract their requirements regarding Scope
- write and refine user stories that capture these requirements
- prioritize said user stories to build a roadmap
- communicate and discuss the user stories with our software development team
- schedule the delivery of the user stories with our software development team
- check the delivered software artifacts regarding the realized user stories
What we expect
You communicate confidently and result-oriented in English, written and spoken. As a native speaker, you have a fundamental knowledge and understanding of Chinese languages (Cantonese is a plus) and cultures. Profound experience with the country-specific regulations regarding air and sea freight processing, accounting principles and Customs are preferable.
Mandatory prerequisites are
- Software Engineering background (preferably 3-5 years of hands-on experience writing software in a team)
- Requirements Analysis/Definition (preferably 1-2 years of hands-on experience gathering requirements and writing them down)
- Cultivation of on-site relationships with customers and prospects within the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area
- Flexibility to connect with the Germany HQ in the evening hours to allow direct contact
- Readiness to travel to Germany in certain intervals
- Strong understanding of the competitive software space
- Data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Creative approach to connecting customer feedback to product development
- Experience with BI tools, SQL, and SQL-based databases
What we offer
Full-time employment in a team that welcomes you openly and actively supports you in both the familiarization phase and in the performance of your duties. We work together in mutual trust and respect across areas of responsibility, functions and national borders. Initiative and forward thinking are more important to us than titles and hierarchies.
Who we are
Riege Software is the provider of the cloud-based forwarding software Scope. 100% Made in Germany, Scope is recognized as the Digital Standard for digital logistics, fostering independent companies to build networks enhancing the global supply chain with local expertise. Founded in 1985, Riege is an independent, owner-managed company employing 120+ people serving 700+ customers with 8,500+ users in 60 countries.
What you have to do now
Send your application by email, stating your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date to:
Patrick C. Ling, Managing Director Asia-Pacific
Riege Software International (Asia) Ltd
16/F, Pearl Oriental House, 60 Stanley Street, Central
Phone: +852 2801 7623